Whales and Dolphins BC needs your Support.
The health of our ecosystem has been improving making local sightings of whales and dolphins more frequent. This central area of Georgia Strait with the various channels and inlets is a very expansive area to monitor and report on. Monitoring, further research in this area and reporting of these Cetacean sightings needs your support through sightings information, volunteering, and financial contributions.
As a major incentive to help with the financial support of Whales and Dolphins BC there will be a Random Draw for a 4 day, 3 night Cruise for Two people sharing. Cruise into some of the beautiful inside waters around and above Desolation Sound. Draw and Cruise Details below. DRAW DATE: MARCH 16, 2013
AND THE WINNER IS: Graham Blake of Denman Island
A huge thank you to everyone who participated in this first Fundraiser.
A status update is coming soon, as is the toll free telephone number.
Great Grandmother, Mary Galloway helps 6 year old Nyla Brant with some extra help from Volunteer Terry Faubert
Since early 2010 Whales and Dolphins BC has been a passionate and determined one person operation, with no outside funding contributing to costs. A number of changes are under way to ensure continued growth and web presence.
Projects and Wish List:
– updating web presence
– fund raising from supporters and through advertisers
– forming a non-profit society
– new radio(s) – current base unit is over 25 yrs old and acting up!
– hydrophone(s) & web cam(s) for live internet audio and video
– toll free reporting telephone number
– full and/or part-time assistant(s)
– supplies and costs coverage
– further education projects
– mapping cetacea movements
– creating a local area identification log
Some help is needed to continue providing and improving our sightings network, web presence and reports. Some, but not all of this can be handled through willing volunteers. Some of the funds raised may also be used to cover Volunteers’ costs including lodging, if needed, and meals. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact me.
Support and you could win this cruise!
Every $5 Canadian donation made will enter your name in the draw.
Example: If you contribute $10 your name is entered twice, $20 enters your name 4 times, etc. You do not need to make individual $5 contributions, and with per transaction costs, one larger contribution ensures more funds make it to Whales and Dolphins BC.
You do not need to have or set up a PayPal account to make payment. It is a secure credit card payment method. Ensure that your email address is correctly entered for draw winner notification.
No personal information will be used for anything other than the draw.
Winning name will be published in the next Sightings Report after the draw winner is contacted.*
– Each $5 worth of donation qualifies for one entry.
– Entries will be accepted until midnight, Pacific time MARCH 15, 2013 **
– Name and email address will be entered into a random draw.
– Draw will be held in Powell River with photographic proof of winning name being drawn by a third party.
– Odds of winning depend on entries received.
– Approx. Value: $2600
– Photo of winner’s name being drawn will be published in the next Sightings Report after the draw.
– The name of winner will be published after contact.*
– DRAW DATE: MARCH 16, 2013 **