32015 Summer Fundraising Raffle –
Congratulations to our Winners:
Drawn at Powell River SeaFair on July 26:
Our Grand Prize winner: Jamie Wagner, has been unreachable so far with only a partial address and an incorrect phone number. We did send an email, but have not heard back. We tried cross-referencing phone and address in every way, and a await the Gaming Commission’s permission to redraw from the remaining tickets. It will be their decision.
Second Prize winner: Rhonda Dickson, Powell River
Third Prize winner: Alan Rowan, Vancouver
Fourth Prize winner: Sandy Crossley, Powell River
As posted previously, our Early Bird Draw was held June 21:
First Prize: Nancy Fabbro, Sechelt
Second Prize: Lloyd Friesen, Powell River
Third Prize: Raven Hawthorne, Vancouver
We’d like to thank you all for your support through on-line and in person ticket purchases as well as all the donors of our raffle trips and items. Revenues from our 2015 Raffle have just been compiled. And will be available to anyone interested.
The net result is that, even with our Burger and Beer Night revenues, we are substantially short to manage both the live on line web camera and hydrophone system we had planned for November. Our Board together with Volunteers will be meeting in early October to determine options for our next step in this regard.
Live Feed Web Camera and Hydrophone system Update –
Work behind the scenes to make every dollar we receive count is ongoing. As stated above, we are substantially short to manage even the first of our live feed web camera and hydrophone systems. Hard decisions must be made during our October meeting.
Mapping Update –
We have had amazing progress on the mapping software that is substantially more versatile and useful. Our IT specialist, Eric Schwatrz has produced a world class program that will allow us to report, record and map information globally. We are only currently looking at our BC Coastal waters, but, as always welcome and post other reports. This work is still evolving and already has produced phenomenal results. The Maps are available in our Sightings Reports.
2015 Summer Raffle
Bigger and Better!
Get in on the Early Bird Draw
One ticket 7 chances to Win big.
ALL PRIZES ARE FOR TWO PEOPLE EACH
Tickets are available by:
On-line Donate button or scheduled May dates (June dates to be announced once available):
Powell River: Town Center Mall: Thursday and Friday May 14 & 15, Friday May 22 and Thursday and Friday May 28 & 29.
Campbell River: Quality Foods: Thursday May 28
Sechelt: Trail Bay Mall (Clayton’s): Thursday and Friday May 28 and 29.
Lund Harbour: Lund Shellfish Festival: Saturday and Sunday May 23 and 24.
Early Bird Draw June 21, 2015:
1. Aboriginal Journeys Wildlife Adventure Tour
PLUS Framed 11”x14” Print of Garry Henkel’s Award Winning Photo seen on the cover of BC Magazine Fall 2014
2. Stubbs Island Whale Watching Tour
PLUS BC Ferries Return Pass including car on any passage excluding Inside Passage, Discovery Coast connector or Haida Gwaii.
3. Campbell River Whale and Bear Excursions Tour
Names remain in the barrel for the Final Draw
Final Draw July 26, 2015 at Powell River SeaFair:
1. Pacific Coastal Return Flight: Vancouver – Comox or Powell River
PLUS Vancouver Whale Watch Tour
2. Campbell River Whale Watching Tour
PLUS 2 Nights Accommodation in Campbell River Comfort Inn
3. Discovery Marine Safaris Tour
4. Eagle Eye Adventure Tour
Tickets: $5.00 Each
Support and you could WIN ! Over $3,600 in prizes.
– Tickets are $5.00 each.
– All qualifying ticket orders and entries as per below will be entered into the random draws.
– Each $5 worth of on line Donation qualifies as one entry ticket order. Please use our Donate Button.
Early Bird Entries:
– Early Bird Entries will be accepted on line until 12 noon Pacific time, June 21, 2015 and up until 5 minutes prior to the draw at 6 pm in person.
– Early Bird Draw will be held on June 21, 2015 in the 4000 block of Dorval Street, Powell River at 6 pm.
– Early Bird Entry tickets will remain in the barrel for the Final Draw.
Final Draw Entries:
– Final Draw Entries will be accepted on line until 12 noon Pacific time, July 24, 2015 and until 5 minutes prior to the final draw on July 26, 2015 at SeaFair closing ceremonies in person.
– Final Draw will be held during the closing ceremonies of Powell River Sea Fair at Willingdon Beach Fairgrounds on July 26, 2015 at approximately 5 pm.
In Person Entries:
– In person entry tickets can be purchased at various locations and information tables. Dates, times and locations to be announced and posted on line on our web site and Sightings Reports as well as from our members and volunteers.
– We are working on setting up information tables and entry ticket sales on Vancouver Island, Powell River and Sechelt areas.
– Winners will be announced at the time of each draw, notified as soon as possible immediately after the draws, and names will be published in the next Sightings Report update.
How and Where to get your tickets:
– At any of our public events. Please check our web site and Sightings Reports which will be updated.
– From any of our Members / Volunteers.
– At our information tables – dates, times, locations, will be posted on our web site and Sightings Reports.
– On line Orders. Please see Draw Details.
– Powell River SeaFair:
– Buy your tickets at our information table July 24 to July 26, 2015 all during SeaFair.
– All prizes have been 100% donated by our Sponsors. See our Sponsors Page for links to their web sites.
– Odds of winning depends on total number of entries received.
– Total number of entry tickets printed is 3,500.
– Total Value of all prizes is over: $3,685.00
Where does your money go?
– Funds go to direct costs only. We are all Volunteers and pay no salaries or Directors Fees.
– Our main 2015 fundraising is for the purposes of the purchase, installation and operation of a live feed web camera and hydrophone system, the first of which is scheduled for the Grief Point area of Powell River. We have other locations we are looking into as well.
– We are working on our Projects pages which will give much more detail about what we are doing.
Please contact us if you have questions.
Support and you could WIN !
DRAW DATE: JULY 26, 2015 at approximately 5:00 pm.